HybridZ

Anyone know how to polish valve area for max power

Guest sball

I was told by a guy who has worked datsun motors for years that most Nissan heads will only flow 195 - 200 hp to get to 240+hp the main benefits are achieved by doing most work around the valve area, He also wants about $1000 to do so, apart from having valves seated well is it merely a matter of just a polish of the chambers etc or are there certain areas in the passage that need openining up ? Welcome any feed back from people with right experience. cheers.gif

Are you sure the guy is reputable would be the first question I would ask.

There is a lot you can do, but as Yo2001 said, you are limited by the diameter od the head gasket. Seems to me I recall there being a 91 mm one rather than the 89 stock, but I would need some help there.

Basically you want to make sure there are no sharp edges in the combustion chamber. You can port match the intake and intake ports to the gasket, but I would leave the actual port work to someone with flow bench. If your man doesn't have a flow bench, move on. You can also blend in the area under the valve seat and make sure it is smooth.

I would be really concerned about keeping my flow the same on all cylinders, which is why the flow bench is so important.

Good luck.