HybridZ

Rear Cam bearing problem.

Joeoski

The camshaft in this head i bought on ebay would not turn to good so i took the cam out to get a better look and here is a few pictures on what was going on, 

FYStKZMl.jpg

7MIjwtbl.jpg

Would this have happened do to some thing getting in to the bearing area or is the head warped?

Dirt in the galleyway!

Starting the engine cold and then revving it would be a good way to get this going as well....if the filter valve lifts  and bypasses anything sucked up the strainer goes directly into the bearings.

If this one is like that....the rest of the bearings in the engine that head came off from likely are worse!

This is classic contamination. and really nothing to worry about in the cam bearing...you could have it inserted and line bored again if you were really anal (or replace the towers....) but it's just in the oil path...the journal is still in good shape overall save the scoring in the center.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Tony D, I am going go with the cam tower replacements and valve train from another head, The cam in the head now has some messed up lobe on numbers 1 and 5 , Wondering will the cam shaft work as a arbor good enough to a line the cam tower bearings ?