HybridZ

who's running 81-83 stock digital radio with amp?

magnum44

I am one of those that kinda wants the stock interior look as much as possible especially on the zx's radio's .....I have yet to see one after market radio installed in a zx that actually looks good to my taste.   I like for it to look like it belongs there and not a bunch of space left on either side of the radio.  that's why I have stuck with the factory digital one.   we all know it sounds like crap, and all the other gremlins that come with these 30 year old radios.  like not wanting to turn on or off for that matter...and so on...I actually had a friend that just passed away, replicate the face plate of the digital radio in brushed acrylic laser cut.. and it looks like factory.   I am thinking of putting some high quality aftermarket speakers with the box that Nissan motor sports sells and a nice amp.  does anyone have a similar set up that can chime in...thanks Rob

post-42127-0-08870600-1387765629_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I have had to socum to the fact that these 30 yr old digital radios are just beyond their useful time.  I have bought at least 4 digital original radios and they all have some gremlins or another. The one I have now ,  turns on when it wants too , It doesn't work most of the time and when it does, it really does not sound good at all.So , I bought a nacamichi single din radio along with a small eq that I will install right next to the radio to fill in all the space along with 6.5 inch nacamichi component speakers and matching amps...should sound good when installed...