HybridZ

Your Intake opinion?

Guest datsun75

Guest datsun75

I just received the Edelbrock Performer intake. I meant to buy the Edelbrock Performer "RPM". What do you all prefer? or what works best with:

Chevy standard bore 350 w/ Holley 600cfm 4 barrel, double hump 64cc heads, headers, 270Adv. duration .470/.470 comp cam. Should I stay with performer or will the RPM intake make much difference? I have heard the RPM intake is very close to the early 70 Z28 intakes. I hope my 75 Z hauls with this setup. Thanks for any input guys! icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

It'll probably work ok with your setup, the RPM might have given you more future expansion possibilities if you wanted to go with say more cam or like the RPM heads or something. But it should probably be fine with your setup IMHO. The RPM I believe is just set up for a bit more flow at higher RPM (hence the name... icon_wink.gif ).

Regards,

Lone

Guest datsun75

Okay, thanks I just hope Im not cutting myself short on HP by not buying a Comp Magnum 280 or 292 cam. It's all in learning I suppose. Im just critical. I know the Double hump heads I bought have been ported for better flow so I suppose Im matching things up okay with the 270 cam. icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

The 270 should make a nice street cam IMHO, you'll like it I think. I should think (and this is purely a educated guess) 330-350 hp should be achievable, perhaps more depending on finished compression ratio.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I would definitley go for the RPM. I fyou stick with the regular one you will hit the glass ceiling sooner. Given the fact that most of the people hear end up changing their setup multiple times through the life of the Z I would not sell yourself short. I almost did it. I would have my car running and driving right now if I didn't get horsepower greedy. It doesn't cost that much more to go just a little bigger. When I get done by around April I am sure to be much happier and a crap load faster. All you have to remember is to go bigger but be realistic.

Jake

With your current setup, the Performer will do very nicely. I have to echo on what Lone said, that you have "more potential" in the future to expand your horsepower capabilities if you go with the RPM manifold. I have to tell you, you will probably not recognize any real differences between manifolds with your current setup. There is also an outside possibility that the Performer may have a little bit better off-the-line snap to it with your current setup. I think you will be happy icon_smile.gif This is all IMO BTW.

Davy