HybridZ

cost for turbo?

Guest eric-z

I was just wondering approx. how much it would cost to do a turbo zx into a non-turbo zx(I hear this is better than turbocharging non-turbo engine). I also hear it is better to get a diffrent ecu than the stock ecu so how much would that cost and where can I go to find info on this. after doing the swap what would it cost to get a good intercooler and turbo upgrade and how much hp I should expect from these. I understand that the cost of these Items vary on deals that you can find but I'm just looking for a price range

thanks

eric

It really depends on how right you want to do the swap. The biggest get started cost will be your donor car and what condition is it in. You can figure 500 or so for the donor and anywhere from 1000 to 10,000 for the other stuff. I know thats a big swing in cost but, if you start the project then decided you need to replce this and that and why don't I get into the engine while it's out, then Ya know it would really be easy for me to have the turbo redone and upgraded while its off. Now I need that Skyline intercooler. Oh yea I need some new injectors but, if I buy those I should get some big ones. Then I guess I need a new computer to control the big injectors..... As you can see it's easy to get carried away. malebitchslap.gif

I would set a budget and then plan from there. cheers.gif