HybridZ

Wasted spark/Wasted COP/ and general setup questions

seattlejester

Howdy folks,

Trying to setup my megasquirt and just running into some questions regarding wasted COP.

If someone wouldn't mind letting me know if I am on the right track that would be great as well.

Setup:

7mgte

6 cylinder

COP (toyota matrix, 4 wire, I am guessing logic level)

Low impedence 440cc injectors

Cam position sensor 24-2

MS2 v3.57

MSextra 3.3.1

Tuner studio

I have fitted toyota maxtrix 4 wire COP which I believe is a logic level COP. I have them paired 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 with Spark output A, B, C respectively. From the kit I ordered, it says that Spark A is PAD1 out puts to DB37 pin 37, Spark B is PAD3 (not a typo) outputs to DB15 pin 10, and Spark C is PAD2 outputs to DB15 pin 11. 

Questions...

Where do I tell megasquirt which spark is outputed through which pin? By selection wasted COP does megasquirt know to use pad1-3?

Speaking of pad1-3 is that the correct order? It feels off to me to be honest, shouldn't that be in order? (Will be asking DIY on monday, just thought I would get a head start).

On a side note, do the following settings sound correct?

So I have set the CPS 3 teeth prior to TDC roughly 90*BTDC degree wise.

For my low impedence injectors, I added the stock resistor box and the plan is to ground the signal through megasquirt injector bank 1, plan is bank fire

For the coil on plug, I have it set to 2.9ms dwell and 2ms of spark duration.

Edited by seattlejester

Questions...

Where do I tell megasquirt which spark is outputed through which pin? By selection wasted COP does megasquirt know to use pad1-3?

Speaking of pad1-3 is that the correct order? It feels off to me to be honest, shouldn't that be in order? (Will be asking DIY on monday, just thought I would get a head start).

There's only one way to do the outputs for spark, so I guess they got rid of those config options with MS2. In MS1, you had to set all your outputs you were using and if you did it wrong it didn't work. So yes, just pick wasted COP and based on the number of cylinders, it will know what outputs to use.

I'm not familiar with the v3.57 board, but the spark outputs are out of order like that with the v3.0 board.

Edited by Metro

Thanks for the reply, that really does put my mind at ease. I went through every setting and didn't find anywhere to put in custom spark outputs so what you say makes perfect sense. I really doubt they would make an error like putting it out of order, so thanks for resolving that too as well!