HybridZ

82 l28et weird lean out during warmup

calvin280zxt

Just installed a wide band as I plan megasquirt this year. My car has always been a gutless bag during warmup from about the bottom of the temp gauge to a third of the way. It's like a lightswitch all of a sudden it goes from super rich 10-1 to max lean 20-1. Sometimes dies and then just like it came it starts to run fine at 13-1. stock (as far as this is concerned) 82 280zxt.

I don't know much about these funky l-jets but I can only assume there is a after start 'table' and once it switches to warmup it leans out then once close to opp temp it goes to a run table and all is well. But what coul cause this only during warmup

Hmmm...  So many possibilities.  Is the O2 sensor heated/ heater wire hooked up?  If the sensor isn't warmed up, it may give a false lean reading.  If that's not the case, and it's definitely engine temperature related, you're right about the "table".  That table is controlled by the coolant temp sensor which alters a circuit in the ECU which in turn adjusts injector pulse width and maybe opens the IAC.  That said, there are three things to check out- CTS, ECU, IAC.  My $.02.