HybridZ

wiring help

riverz

Well I have a 260 and my head lights and parking lights work, but my brake lights and blinkers don't work, and my hazzard lights only work on one side. :(

Do you have hazzard lights? You have to have a hazzard switch for the blinkers to work.

If you find out anything, how about letting me know and I will do the same for you.

Hey I swapped out my combination switch, which is what I call the turn signal deal and the headlight, wiper deal, and I have brake lights now. I replaced the hazzard switch with a different one, and now have turn signals. Don't have hazzards any more, but it could be due to the hazzard relay deal I replaced. I suspect it is not the right one.

Guest Ian turbo240

The first thing you should do is check the fuses. I know that this is a no-brainer, but some people forget the obvious. Second, check to see if power is making it to the switch. Then check to see if power is making it out of the switch. Most times, these problems are due to faulty contacts inside the switch. I can't even count how many headlight and turnsignal switches I've repaired on Z-cars. In fact, I just did one last Friday! If this is the case, you can carefully pry the tabs that hold the "circuit board" to the switch body and remove the guts. You can clean the contacts with a pencil erasure.

Ian