HybridZ

chevy L8 motor to 280Z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

sup yall im planning to drop a chevy 5.7L V8 350 to my Z can anyone tell me wat i need. all i have is the engine and im wondering wat else i would need to make it fit and the price. would i have to change out the tranny or would the orginal work.

p.s.

any info will help thanks

Welcome to the forum! icon_smile.gif

C'mon guys, it was a little mistake...

You will need to buy the JTR book from JagsThatRun. Read it through several times, and then research your state's policy on engine swaps. You will need to know what you can and cannot do--the smog Nazi's don't take kindly to fooling with the smog equipment in some areas icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, use the search function on this forum to get the info you need. Chances are, the question you asked has been answered in good detail before. I'm not discouraging you from asking questions, but by all means use the search function.

Assuming you have done your research, you will need and engine, transmission, JTR kit, and various odds & ends that make for a costly hobby.

Good luck! icon_cool.gif

Davy