HybridZ

tech help...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hello fellow Z comrades. I have a 72' 240Z and my current setup includes an L28 with headers and the dual SU carbs. I have a FI setup but have no clue on how to incorporate the the ECU, main harness into my 240. The L28 has an E88 cylinder head that I took from the L24 that originally came in the car. Will the FI intake manifold bolt up with no problems? And do I need anything that I don't have? And will I expect a noticable HP gain with switching to the FI setup? Most of my concern is in the wiring. I would really appreciate any wiring diagrams that one of you could supply me with. Thanks.

hail.gif NISMO!!!

Guest Anonymous

well, what provisions are you talking about? I want fuel injection on my Z using the E88 cylinder head, I've already had work done to it and its the only cylinder head that I have thats worth the trouble. I need specifics. If you know please inform me. Thank you.

That head does not have the notches in it in the intake runners for the fuel injectors, nor does it have the bolt holes to mount the intake manifold.

You will either have to have that done to your head at a machine shop, or swap heads. For your info, an N42 is roughly the same, but it has the larger valves. You should be able to pick one up fairly cheaply if you look around.