HybridZ

Question for the SR20DET S30s on here

Serban

I've considered every possible swap scenario for my 75 Z, and being that I'm a pretty die hard SR20 fan (going back to the late 90s), I think that's the swap for me.

My question is; will the A/C compressor clear the steering shaft? Every picture I've looked through doesn't have the compressor in place and it looks like it may not clear. The one topic I found on here, the guy says he's still got the A/C compressor on the engine, but no other info or pictures. The car is not my daily driver, but when I do drive it, I like to be comfortable and have A/C. It's not going to be a track car, so I'm not concerned with the extra weight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I think it should fit, but I don't have the car in front of me. Here are some pics I took right after the engine was bolted into place for the last time, I wasn't taking pictures for this purpose, but these might help:

1412336_668474609841637_1397464879_o.jpg

1523773_668474006508364_980490109_o.jpg

Hope they help.

I was hoping to find a good picture of the AC unit on the engine so I could remember where it sat exactly, but unfortunately I don't have many of my engine and finding pics online with all accessories in place didn't work out in the short time I tried. Based on this single crappy picture I took when the engine was first picked up, it looks like the AC sits pretty darn low. It would also depend if you were trying to retain the power steering pump or not. If not, you maybe able to build an extension bracket to angle it up more into the PS pumps position.

470612_460820457273721_1305928541_o.jpg

Edited by CasperIV

I wouldn't try to put power steering on the car, so if the compressor moves up a little it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm still quite a ways away from getting the engine, but this just seems like the logical swap for me. :)