HybridZ

RB25 Gearbox issues :(

moodah

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of help with this problem...

I've finished my build and ive gone to drive my 280zx out of the garage and problem, while the engine is running it will not shift into gear.  The clutch appears to still bind whilst the clutch pedal is all the way in.

Engine is an RB26 with a Nismo RSR21 flywheel, Nismo RS240 HZ clutch, and Nismo G27 30210-RS245 pressure plate.

2013-10-21135844_zps0efb2600.jpg

2013-10-21135900_zps164f7df0.jpg

2013-10-21135916_zps0d16ea43.jpg

My clutch master is a new 83 280zx master (should be 15/16 in size)

My clutch slave is a new R33 push slave (3/4 , as printed on its side)

I've tried adjusted the pedal to have as much throw as possible, no luck.

I've tried replacing the slave pin with a longer one, also no luck.

Anybody have some input at what the issue is?

Im guess right now is a screwed pressure plate??

Edited by moodah

I had a similar problem with my recent RB20det close ratio gearbox install. Have you checked the clutch fork? I knocked mine when doing the install and one side of retaining spring on the throw out bearing/clutch fork had popped off (it was the big horse shoe shaped one). This caused the carrier to bind and the clutch was basically doing nothing. Unfortunately it was a box out job to refit the spring which takes all of 20 seconds.

Yep, i've pulled the rubber boot off the clutch fork and had a peek inside while my dad started it and pushed the clutch lever in and out.

Everything appears to be fine in there.. The fork pivots fine on the adjuster and i can see the throwout bearing on the end of the fork moving in and out when the pedal is depressed.