HybridZ

Little L28ET Swap Help Please

BitchinZ

Hello. Just need a little L28ET/Z31 swap help/clarification. I have a 77 280Z. Swapping in an 83 motor, harness, coil, FPR etc.  Also doing Z31 ECU stuff at the same time.

Does the B/W wire coming from the 83 coil in this first picture, connect to the B/W from the white plug in the second picture?  Then does it need to be connected/ran to the ignition?

FPCM11_zps96ab4f59.jpg

Fuel20Pump20Relay1_zps6ca6db3a.jpg

This is the diagram Im using -

L28ET20EFI20Wiring20Diagram20swap_zpsdcd

Also what is this lttle box and is it still needed after the swap?

mms_picture54_zps7c0b0118.jpg

Edited by BitchinZ

Does the B/W wire coming from the 83 coil in this first picture, connect to the B/W from the white plug in the second picture?  Then does it need to be connected/ran to the ignition?

Yes,  do a quick continuity check between the B/W wire on the connecter and the appropriate pin on the EFI relay and you will be good to go.  I used the lead that feeds the condenser at the distributor as the ignition hook-up.  Simplified my installation some as there was already an ignition wire that fed the old coil near by.  Saved running extra wire.  My reading of some threads here deemed the condenser a non-critical part.

Edited by ctc