HybridZ

Radiator bypass valve/ heater lines

SDgoods

l28ET in 73 240z

I found very little information regarding this valve.   It's the valve that connects the cyl head outlet (that goes to the heater core) to the Heater core outlet (that goes to the water pump),  and it allows water to circulate upon the engine warming up as opposed to just sitting in the engine itself and potentially creating hot spots.

Now, This requires a fitting off the back of the head with 2 ports;  one port going to the heater core, the other going to the Y pipe that connects into the heater core outlet (and back to the pump)  The one that came with my car has one port, and when i got the car, the system was simply hooked up with lines going to the heater core and from the heater core.

So, is this setup with out the radiator bypass valve safe to run? (lines going straight to and from the heater core)

If not, is there a source for this radiator bypass valve (I cant seem to find one). 

I'm really trying to get my stockish and relatively simple setup running as efficient as possible by doing things 'the right way', rather than simply modifying and hoping that it will work. 

Any input would be great!