HybridZ

Ya'll seen Darius' ride?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

God damn! I'll see If I can find the videos, but this thing is just so bomb. It is basically what I've been dreaming of. I think he turboed the 350 he put in it and it pushes 580hp. All black, looks like 17s or 18s. Can anybody give me more info on this bad machine, maybe a site he has for it, an email address, etc.?

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, from what I hear he raped his engine that day he dyno'd it, maybe not too bad, but the procharger supercharger he had (maybe still has???) never did what it was supposed to. It gave his car lots of power and I've seen all his vids and it's really sick, but supposedly all the problems just weren't worth it.

If you've seen any of his vids then you know he's crazy, but crazy in the way we are here at hybridz. What's cool is he lives only a few miles from my roomate's hometown so I know the roads fairly well. It's a great area to do tricks, I wish I could find out more about him too, but as far as I know he doesn't post here anymore. I even heard his car's broken, but gossip is gossip. Check out the links that Nion gave and search this site, it's the best way to find out anything, I even found an old post of his where he went into some good detail of exactly what's under the hood. But be careful, if you try to get a beefed up motor with a lot of low end torque like his, there's a lot more you'll have to worry about. Make sure you do all the research you can, buy the book, talk to guys here, especially concerning the drivetrain (in my own opinion). If you've already done this, then you're all set. As you can tell, I haven't been a member here (or an owner of a z) for very long, but this forum already seems like home. Many here will tell you this.

Lastly, what state do you live in? A lot of people here know each other personally. I have made an effort and will soon meet a few hybridz members in the sacramento and bay area's. I recommend this, especially those who r close and have already done the conversions; I've found there's nothing more helpful at times than first-hand knowledge. Good luck.

-Matt-

He had problems with his first ATI blower, upgraded to a newer one, and as far as I know the blower worked fine. From what I've seen ATI stands behind their products pretty well but if you runa motor lean the results are your own fault. The shop I deal with has seen a few seals go on some of the ATI blowers but ATI is taking care of them with repairs etc. - no engine damage incurred.

I'm considering some form of forced induction myself, not because I need the power just because it would be fun to play with icon_biggrin.gif I think most folks will find 300+RWHP plenty to play with, at least at first. I'm not sure building a monster out of the gate is really the best way to go. Build something quick and then work your way up - you'll still probably break plenty of parts icon_rolleyes.gif EFI is next on my list but I'm watching for parts for the future too....

Guest Anonymous

I've been in the car with the stock LT-1 and blower when it was making less than 430hp at the wheels and it is sick!. Tire smoke for days, huge acceleration at triple digit speeds, breakneck cornering, and unreal stopping power to say the least. It's been on the road with more than 580ft. lbs. at the wheels. I also have to say that he has a rather large set of cajones and the skills of a professional driver when not clouded with the insane street mauler mentality(which I believe is most of the time). Darius used to come into my Concord Ca. store every once in awhile and was my original influence in building a v8 Z car. The car is absolutely outrageous and I look forward to new and more powerful Hybridz in the future... hopefully soon for myself also... flamedevil.gif