HybridZ

Update on Dampener from BHJ

jeffp

I spoke to Brian again regarding the completion of the dampener and it is looking like about another 3 weeks for the part to be ready to be sold.

There will be two options for the part, one unit with the third pully for the A/C, and one part without the pully for the A/C.

I asked about the possibility of installing the various manufacturer triggering devices for after market fuel management system and it would appera that the dampener will work well for this application also.

One tf the things that are required to make the dampener SFI approved is that the elastimer portion of the dampener has to be captivated, menaing that even it it does go bad it will not fly off the defective part. The really good part to this is that it will be captivated by a ring in front of the dampener and bolted down to the hub. What this means for the after marker systems, is that this part can be removed, have the magnets installed in the part and reinstalled on the dampener. This makes the part usable for almost any application on the zcars.

I am confident this is an excellent solution to the on going problems with the Nissan parts and is the very best solution regarding money investment and versitality of a component for our cars.

Have a good one guys and Gals.