HybridZ

240-ZG Question

Hi Guys! Recently got myself a 240z. My plan is to prep it for vintage racing. Exterior would be a 240zg with watanabe's.

Just a few questions:

- Are ZG flares exclusive to the ZG cars in Japan when they were released? Does it mean that the correct exterior mod is to ONLY go ZG-nose & ZG rear wing to complement the ZG flares?

- Were the ORIGINAL 240zg race cars equipped with the lower chin with brake ducts? Can anyone provide me pics of an original 240ZG race car that used the said chin in the early 70's? I can't seem to find them in the internet.

I need to provide the picture, whether from an old magazine, poster, etc, that the said body modification/s were used in racing, because our vintage rules states that, body modifications to the car should be of the correct era and an honest rendition of the cars that were used in racing. 

- Would anyone know the wheel and tire specifications used in the 240zg used in racing?

- What colors were offered for the 240zg?

Thanks!!

Edited by sneekens

If you need a quality 5 piece G nose from Japan for under $1000, contact Goki (goki.datsmo@gmail.com). A great guy to deal with.

Nissan also made coilovers for racing and that could be used in vintage racing. I believe they are from Datsun competition catalog.

Errrr.... I just noticed your location.... ahhhhh....

Kumusta ka - I'm thinking my LBC Box of goodies duty may have just doubled!

I do have the original 71 ZG Sales Brochure...alas it's in Los Angeles.

Arriving NAIA tomorrow from SIN - PR510 at 10:20...

Globe 0917 647 1801

We should get together and conspire! I got a lot of my backup documentation with me on two archive drives--I needed to make a similar presentation to the SCTA Sanctioning Board when our S30 was protested by a competitor. I got plenty of Japan-Racing Photos archived with a lot of the G-Nose Stuff. Bring a thumb drive! 

Will likely be back up to get a China Visa in the next couple of weeks. It would be easier if BI got me my damned ACR I card! (Been waiting since MARCH!) Otherwise I will lounge around the place in Lucena until someone wants me somewhere else to do some work.  Or, if I decide to go back up to LTO in Cavite and fight with them about my Multicab registration... That will kill a few days!

Salamat, po!

Edited by Tony D

I saw the Datsun competition catalog, but they came in late. Didn't they come out when it was the 280z on the late 70's? Are there Competition catalog for the 240z during the early 70'z? Our vintage mods are limited to what was available during 1972.

Errrr.... I just noticed your location.... ahhhhh....

Kumusta ka - I'm thinking my LBC Box of goodies duty may have just doubled!

I do have the original 71 ZG Sales Brochure...alas it's in Los Angeles.

Arriving NAIA tomorrow from SIN - PR510 at 10:20...

Globe 0917 647 1801

We should get together and conspire! I got a lot of my backup documentation with me on two archive drives--I needed to make a similar presentation to the SCTA Sanctioning Board when our S30 was protested by a competitor. I got plenty of Japan-Racing Photos archived with a lot of the G-Nose Stuff. Bring a thumb drive! 

Will likely be back up to get a China Visa in the next couple of weeks. It would be easier if BI got me my damned ACR I card! (Been waiting since MARCH!) Otherwise I will lounge around the place in Lucena until someone wants me somewhere else to do some work.  Or, if I decide to go back up to LTO in Cavite and fight with them about my Multicab registration... That will kill a few days!

Salamat, po!

SURE!!! Are you staying around Manila? My car is in a warehouse in Makati, we can meet here. Text - 0922-881-6449. 

Mig

Mig,

Ended up running straight from NAIA to San Miguel in Valenzuela (Polo Brewery), back to S&R in Alabang, and then onward to the house in Lucena.

Likely I'll be up in Manila next week sometime. I can SMS you then...

There is a Comp Catalog, it was sometimes referred to as "The Yellow Book"--I have a copy in the USA.

But still have plenty of stuff on the laptop proving the 71 G-Nose was available as production homologated in 1971.

Made yet ANOTHER run (18+ hour day) to San Mig Valenzuela...and didn't get to look at the Multicab in Caloocan I wanted to on Friday. 

I will be up for a MEETING (not work...er... at least a meeting is not work in my book...) and may have some time on this coming Wednesday. 

If LBC would deliver the damned boxes, I got a turbo for my Suzuki that I would install and then drive up myself freeing up a lot of time for visiting!

I'll sms you on the way up. The company I assist is near the Festival Mall in Filinvest, Muntinlupa Alabang... I loiter there near noon on these days, and near 5 as well. I gotta get my LTO done up in QC as well... so there should be some opportunity to get you some information.

Not Mine:

post-380-0-71187100-1402118739_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Made yet ANOTHER run (18+ hour day) to San Mig Valenzuela...and didn't get to look at the Multicab in Caloocan I wanted to on Friday. 

I will be up for a MEETING (not work...er... at least a meeting is not work in my book...) and may have some time on this coming Wednesday. 

If LBC would deliver the damned boxes, I got a turbo for my Suzuki that I would install and then drive up myself freeing up a lot of time for visiting!

I'll sms you on the way up. The company I assist is near the Festival Mall in Filinvest, Muntinlupa Alabang... I loiter there near noon on these days, and near 5 as well. I gotta get my LTO done up in QC as well... so there should be some opportunity to get you some information.

Not Mine:

attachicon.gifIMG_0985.JPG

Just hit me up. 

Would you know the colors available for the 240ZG? I hope they released them in 918 safari gold.

That is in the brochure I have at the house in the USA. I've actually got the Sales Brochure from 1971. They show up on eBay, that's where I got mine.

Sorry I've been up and back a couple of times but running fast. 

I just extended my visa to 27 July... and really don't have anything to do but answer e-mails and get some visas lined up at the Chinese and Indonesian Embassy. I've gotten myself into my Archive Drive, and have been posting up photos to Facebook...so this coming week I can start combing for information. If nothing else I can get a CD of what I have and send it to you via LBC or maybe leave it up in Alabang (Richville Corporate Tower, Filinvest by Festival Mall) for you to pick up before I leave. 

Leave me an address I can use for LBC via PM. I should be back up Monday or Tuesday to do the China Visa and try to straighten out the registration on my Multicab at LTO...