HybridZ

Ugh, GM dealer wants $65 EACH for motor mounts and $45 for t

i'm using a set for a 69 chev truck. $6.50 each from autozone... they look hard as a rock though, and will probably transmit lots of vibrations into the passenger compartment. They will get my car running, though. you can always swap to OEM once the vibration issue reaches the top of the priority list.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I used non-oem too. I know some want that official GM label on the part, but budget being what it was/is, its worked, I havn't broken them, and the vibration in the driveline is (so far until I raise the back of the diff) way more noticible to me. Heck you could probably almost get energy mounts out of urethane for what GM gets for they're stuff. Good luck.

Regards,

Lone

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the spendy GM stuff on the recommendation of the JTR book. There are NO engine vibrations transmitted to body that I can feel. If you're young and broke buy the cheap ones. If you're old and intolerant like me....well you decide.

icon_mad.gif HEY! I said "intolerant" NOT incontinent! I'm not THAT old

icon_mad.gif .

Guest Glenn Parker

You need to find a friendly parts man who will get the G.M. mounts for you at wholesale it will save you some. The oem mounts are of much better quality. Is it always nessesary to raise the back of the rear end to get the proper driveline angles when hooking up to a t-5 tranny. r-200 in a 72

I paid a premium for my mounts from a GM dealer--and that was with the dealer to dealer discount! (ouch). Next time I do this, I'll buy the Energy Suspension units from Northern Auto Parts or Summit for $55 for all three...

Davy

Umm, NO you cannot get the motor mounts from Energy for this - as I said above. Call them and tell them you want them from a truck, give them the year, listen to the pause, and then they will tell you. I checked with SummitJeg's and I looked all over the Energy site. I sent them E-mail about it too and never got a repsonse If someone has figured out a way to use the Energy mounts and has used them I'd like to hear about it and see pics becasue they told me they weren't being made for the year we need for trucks.

Found energy suspension engine mounts and trans mount at the Long Beach Swap Meet for 65.00 Included 2 motor mounts and 1 trans mount. Urethane red in color. I think that's a pretty good deal. icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Why would you wanna get urethane motor mounts? I thought the whole point of the GM original parts was that the rubber was softer and thus transmitted less vibrations. I wouldn't see the need for poly mounts unless you've got an ungodly amount of torque. Now if we could find soft rubber mounts, for less than what Chevrolet are charging, that would be ideal. Any suggestions?

I saw in the Summit cat that they are selling them for much cheaper than the ones at the Swap Meet. 55.00 for the 3 mounts. Well I'm sure any aftermarket motor mounts would be cheaper than any dealer prices. EZ auto parts in Paramount and Clark's discount auto in Bellflower sell parts really cheap. Not sure of the quality though. You may just be getting what you paid for. I will be going by those shops tomorrow and get some prices. Also stopping by at Team C. Will posts prices tomorrow. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

your probably right about getting what you pay for,RXO510.I ran the car for 8 months with the rubber mounts then changed to the ureathane for the piece of mind.Nothing wrong with them(the mounts) It's just a bummer to have broken mounts when your 40 miles from home. icon_wink.gif

40 miles from home? That must have been a rough ride. Glad you made it though. So have you noticed alot of difference with the vibration levels between the 2 mounts? Our Z has a pretty good rumble and with the new cam, intake....... I'm sure the rumble will be alot more stronger. We haven't decided what mounts to go with yet. Would like to get some feedbck on this. Thanks FastZ, James icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I'd love to hear about the difference you felt between the rubber and poly mounts. What are the advantages of going with poly again? And fastzcars, what happened to your old mounts? What are the chances of the $8 mounts you mentioned holding up to a 400bhp 327?