HybridZ

Update and questions...Help

Hybrid240z

I have been working on my 240Z over the last few weekends, trying to get it back on the road. I have changed and fixed alot of the problems that I found. I worked on it this weekend, when the rain would let me. I finally have the speedometer working with the 280Z guts. I found a torn CV boot. fmad.gifcuss.gif So I have to fix that. I found that when I was filling up the diff with Amsoil gear lube. I had to take off the suspension bracket to fill it up. My Z has a 4.11 diff. I installed an electric fan with the painless wiring fan switch and a Greddy oil catch can to name a few. I filled up the catch can with steel wool. I did that to help get rid of the smell but it still smells. I am probably going to plumb the vent off the catch can into the ITG filter setup. I can't stand that smell and my wife won't want to get near my "Stinky Little Car." LOL Hey maybe that isn't a bad thing... I wonder how you guys with breather filters put up with it. Well I have most everything figured out. I have one question though. I had the car on yesterday to make sure the cooling system worked properly, which it did, and I noticed a problem with the fuel system. The last owner had the mechanical fuel pump running to the triple carbs with no return line. I installed a Holley pressure regulator and fuel pressure guage. The pressure was lowered to 3.5 psi. I was running the car and noticed that the fuel pressure had dropped below 3 psi so I opened up the fuel pressure regulator to see if the fuel pressure would go up. Well it didn't, it kept on going down till aroun 1.5 psi. I turned the car off and back on about 15 minutes later. The pressure was back up and held constant for at least 5 minutes. I turned it off. Does that mean the fuel pump is going bad. Should I drop in a new one or maybe an electric fuel pump. Should I run a return line to relieve some strain on the fuel pump or is that not really an issue. Any ideas? :confused:

I will post up pics of the car when I have it on the road again, hopefully next weekend.

Thanks,

Marcos