HybridZ

I hate working on doors!

RebekahsZ

Just spent the entire day working on a friend's Honda with power windows and power door locks. Somehow, the lock had malfunctioned locking the door permanently. His dad had tried to use a drill to disassemble the lock, effectively removing any option for us other than cutting into the b-pilar and removing the striker from the reverse side. I think we used every tool in my shop, but 8 hours later we had a new door locking mechanism in the car and working. This kind of miserable work is why I hate doors and dashes. What a day! At least I strengthened a friendship.

Reminded me of the time my hood release cable broke on the Z, but way worse. Since then, I have converted to four hood pins instead of the cable mechanism. Kept looking at my buddy's Honda to try to figure out how to drill holes for a hasp and bike lock.

Tony D-so the Honda lock failure is a known problem? Who needs Click 'n Clack when you have Tony D? You came up in a positive conversation I had with Burton Brown at Wilmington. Guess you've been a resource for him too.

Oh man I feel your pain. I had an early 90's Accord that I used in school. Same thing happened, and I had to remove the front seat and drill out the latch from the inside. It was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done on a car. (Especially since I was at college and did not have a good range of tools at my disposal.)