HybridZ

Making progress on my car, still need a little help..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay,

So I had my tank flushed today as per a Nissan mechanics suggestion. I went ahead and purchased a new fuel pump today as well as this 280z will be my daily driver soon. The fuel tank is still out of the car because I ran out of daylight but I did get the fuel pump installed. I wanted to see if the fuel pump would kick on and hum like it usually does so I connected the battery back up and flipped the key to the on position with my head under the car, I could hear the fuel pump kick on and make almost like a sucking sound, is that normal with open lines and no fuel tank? I'm trying to cover all of my bases before I put the tank back on on my day off on Saturday. I listened for it twice, made the exact same noise both times. Like I said, it clicks on and makes a brief sucking noise, I figured this is because the system isn't pressurized right now. If you could tell me what you think I'd appreciate it. Just want to make sure I am doing this right.

Chris

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I did it twice. That is GREAT news to hear though, I was out there all day cleaning the undercarriage up, replacing the pump and dropping the tank. I just wanted to make sure the fuel pump is supposed to do that with open lines and no tank before I put the fuel tank back up.

Chris