HybridZ

260z 2jzgte Value?

I found a 260z i was interested in purchasing. It has a 2jzgte with r154 trans swap in it in running condition. It does need a little body work and paint. Has coilover suspension and interior is in decent shape as well. Do you guys think it's worth around 9K?

I'm fairly sure to do the swap yourself, you'd be looking at about $5000 at the minimum, and that's assuming you're mechanically inclined enough to do the work yourself. 

If you drop another 3-4k on the body and paint you would [supposedly] have a well sorted and clean 2JZ-powered S30 for under $13k. Can you buy such a car outright for 13k? I haven't seen any listed. I'd certainly pay that much for one. 

Paint is cheap compared to the engine and suspension work.  If the body is solid, then buy the car, use the paint condition as basis for a discount.  That's the most important thing with these cars is how solid is the body?  Having the engine you want is a big deal, so that adds to the value.  The last big question to ask is why is he selling it? if someone spent $5K to swap the engine, he must have a really good reason to be letting it go.