HybridZ

LQ4/T56 ecm/harness question

Hey guys newb here with a quick question. I am in the process of swapping an lq4 with a t56 setup in my 280z. I have come across a 5.3 ecm and harness dirt cheap and am having trouble locating an LS1 ecm that someone doesn't want a kidney for. I already have an LS1 t56 harness so my question is this. Since I will be running an LS6 intake can I run this 5.3 harness and ecm and just repin the injector plugs and wires off the LS1 harness? Or can I run the LS1 harness on the 5.3 ecm?. The 5.3 harness is a 1999 with the red and blue ecm connectors. Also has anyone run the dirty dingo engine mounts in their setup? I have nearly all the other swap info I need to get this thing done thanks to this forum. Thanks in advance for any help.  

My two cents just on the dingo mounts. They are weld in. Not bolt in like the JCI mounts. I'd recommend the bolt in over weld in. Unless you beef up the paper thin frame rails. Again my two cents.

Edited by 240z72

Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure on the harness/ECM compatibility before I pulled the trigger on it. The dingo mounts I got are bolt in. Sit on top of the factory perches and bolt to the block. Maybe a newer design? They mount like the sbc mounts I pulled out with the old motor. I really appreciate the quick responses!

I've seen where people have soldered ls1 injectors onto a truck harness. Is there a reason they don't just swap them at the pin out? I will have it all separated anyway making it standalone. Seems like that would be best. But like I said I'm a newb and this is my first swap.

Thank you Domzs. That is probably the best option. I can pick this 5.3 ECM and harness up locally for sixty bucks so I was just curious if I could make it work for me.

Remember , most 5.3s or truck PCMs are DBW . Then you have to pay a tuner to delete VAT and other stuff , most will charge about $100 . Look at his store before ordering and PM him your needs . I bought 1 from him for my S30 , not painted . For $135 , it's a great deal .