HybridZ

Introduction & Question

Hey guys -

my name is James and I'm out in Colorado.  I picked up a 71 240z back in May.  This is my second z car - I have a tt z33 The engine/tranny is in pretty good condition, the interior is decent and the body is decent with the exception of some bad rust in the rear wheel wells.  I don't mind the rear fender rust because I love the flared fender look and will replace them with a metal IMSA or 3" or 4" flared variant.  I have a buddy that is pretty good with the mig and has already volunteered to help me cut, fit and weld in my replacements.  If all goes well paint will be summer of 2015.

Does anyone know where I can either buy or 'rent' a set of rear fenders or front/rear flared fenders?  I say 'rent' because my buddy's old man can produce fenders if he has a model to work off of.  

2AE702D6-C9B0-4AB8-BC7A-0A661DE0EB52_zps

IMG_9422_zpsf10973c3.jpg

IMG_9421_zps558ea45f.jpg

The old method was  to use...

steady yourself....

VW Beetle Fenders. 

When you look at it, they are the right shape, cheap to buy new (Taiwan Production) and easily trimmed to fit just about anything under the sun if you want BIG flares.

The Porsche 930 also has reasonably priced FRP aftermarket units available that make good examples, but they are not a 'bubble' flare like the IMSA or whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...