HybridZ

3.1L powah!

Guest zline

Z-ya said:

You don't have to go through all the expense of tripple throttle bodies for FI
Take note that Dan said if cost was an object, triple carbs, if not,(meaning cost is no object), go with triple throttle bodies.

My personal take would be to fab a custom manifold, but I'm certifiable,(nuts that is).

But bang for the buck the 280zx manifold is hard to beat. Check out the EFI and Turbo forums to see what guys have done to the stock manifold to support higher power levels.

And for the cam specs, if you go with Sunbelt, they will spec a cam for your intended usage, which sounds like it would be very similar to Dan's.

Last, why the GT-R pump? That flows I believe 195L/Hr, and most of the aftermarket pumps flow 250+. I only know because I am putting the stock GT-R pump on my car and need to watch it as I bump up the hp.

And a heads up that the MSA 6-1 header has some mismatch issues and will likely need to be ported out. Check the exhaust forum for more info on that,(ask John C if you can't find anything).

The NISMO header, while ~$300,(read expensive), is a fairly proven item. But the 6-1 is still very good even if it needs some work.

-Bob

well I just talked to my buddy...he really wants a fuel injected setup SO...looks like im relegated to the N42 head regardless of how good triple webers would be -- and anyway, I hate jetting carbs!@$#

Question (sorry there's so many...i wish he'd just let me put a RB engine in):

What would be the parts list for a quick and easy FI setup...I figure if I just get a fuel injected N42 head and bolt it to the F54 block w/ 240Z rods KA24E pistons and the HKS 2mm big bore gasket I could swap the fuel injection for a Z31T setup w/ larger injectors...this seems like the popular thing to do w/ the turbos...although I'd just ship the injectors to RC and have em bored out to jet 440cc.

Bob,

I chose the GT-R pump because I figured that ~195lph would be enough for the car...and I happend to have one laying around =)