HybridZ

nissan elct speedo sending unit work with AUTOMETER elect sp

stony

As some of you know im running the rb-26 dett with the skyline GTS-T r-33 5 spd mission. the sending unit on this mission is electrical. and obviously the z speedo is not. how can i tell if i can use the Autometer electrical speedo with this sending unit? or am i stuck something like a GPS type speedo?

------------------

Speaker - which wouldn't be accurate? The GPS stuff - at least my handheld - seems to be damned accurate. Was shocked to see how close it read to our Impalla's speedo. As for the push the button thing - it can be as inaccurate as you make it smile.gif If you've really got to have it accurate I guess you could jack the rear up and spin th etires by hand counting revs. I seem to recall that the speedo prefers you to drive at least 25mph to calibrate....

I know - use a GPS to "test" a pair of mile markers, come back around and pace them off smile.gif Does it really have to be that accurate anyway? I seldom drive at the speedlimit.

tell me if this sounds right ... there is 2 wires from speedo and 2 from teh sending unit.... (excluding all teh lights and power hookups...) i would ground one from teh sending unit and the one from the speedo and thats how they hookup?