HybridZ

GM Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Just had to rub it in, huh Scottie?

Here I sit with a 97 Grand Prix with the normally aspirated 3800, and you have to go and burst my bubble telling me I can't just bolt all the pieces on! icon_smile.gif

I will say one thing--while the SC version is nice and beefy--the NA is no slouch either--my GP sees 5500 RPM every so often, and it just keeps going without a hitch-I love that thing!

Sometimes that old pushrod technology just keeps shining thru dont it?

I do agree that the GM (Buick) 3800 is a great engine, its still a pushrod tractor motor (ducking... :wink:

Spekaing of tractor motors, I was looking at this as a "daily driver": http://www.vipclassics.com/stk1540525.phtml

I think I'd look cool driving this with a crew cut, white oxford shirt, narrow black tie, and some Ray Bans.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: johnc ]

But Scottie, it's just a low tech pushrod motor, what are you getting all excited about?

After all, we all know that it if isn't overhead cam with 4 valves per cylinder, and some form of VTEC, it isn't worth having in any vehicle. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Anonymous

Heavy, low tech, slow winding, pushrod detroit iron, dinosaur icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif,

Lone

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: lonehdrider ]

Guest Anonymous

Interesting... they're building those dinosaurs about 50 metres away from me for local consumption....

Hey is there a manual verson of the SC motor in the US? Over here they only put the manual on the NA. The SC motors are all auto.