HybridZ

L26 with e31 Head

Hello!

So I have been scouring the interwebs for information on fitting a e31 head on an L26 Block. I know that you have to knotch the block (or bore out the cylinders)

In all honesty Im looking for someone who has actually set this combo up and ran it.

I currently have an early 260z with the standard e88 head. It performs alright...I have an MSA header on it someone has put the DGV down draft carbs on it and also put an R200 rearend in the back.. still clunks though.. (not the mustache bar, do believe it is the front mount.) I put the 280z 5speed in it, but Its been throwing itself out of 5th gear..

ANYWAYS. Ive recently found a 1970 L24, 63k Miles, E31 head, Round top SU's, With that old 4spd still on it.

I have my L26 and 5spd pulled. Current plans are to rebuild the bottom of the L26 and fit the E31 on it. Get that 5 spd rebuilt and fix the clunk. Then see where I am at...

BUT! Like I said Im looking to talk to someone who knows about the L26/E31 combo, How does it run and respond? Any info helps.

Thanks.