HybridZ

advice which is the better motor

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

WOW! this thread's opened a can of worms Harley's, Jap Bikes, Pommie bikes, theres been several examples of them in my family's shed over the years, As long as its fast and got ATTITUDE!.

Any way where were we oh yeah the northstar icon_wink.gif

Sounds like there's some major Pro's and Con's to consider but to be Inovative is always expensive.

The Water pump being to high could be easily solved by mounting an electric one lower, theres a company here in Aus thats developed a universall fit pump that installs Inline rather than on the block.

Doing the same with the Oil pump could be an easy solution and cheap compared to those rebuild prices (YOUCH!).

Using the sacrificial anode should work and any metal will do as long as its lower on the galvanic table (zinc is probably the best bet, magnessium is so high on the table that it would rot pretty quick).

A combo of Quality coolant and a sacrificial anode or two sounds like cheap insurance.

Anyhow I think the swap would be very cool and FAST which is what its all about to me icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhow enough rambling Good luck and enjoy the ride!

By the way heres the webpage for the water pumps

I drive a Yamaha Virago, and I have experienced that a great deal of HD riders will stick their nose up at it (and me)because it isn't "made in the usa" and I find that to be a big joke (especially seeing that I live in Canada) They seem to think that if it ain't a Harley, it ain't a bike! Ignorance breeds only more ignorance.. I've rode a couple Harleys and I'll stick with the jap bikes thank you. I wonder if these people understand the history behind this prejuduce? It goes back to the fiftys when bikers really got started (and WW2 fresh in everybodys mind) Ever wonder why a guy on a British Triumph will always be accepted by a group of HD riders? but certainly never a jap bike, or a German made BMW for that matter! Could it possibly be issues from a war that was fought over half a century ago? Or is it because they are not threatened by the British bike because it is the only thing more crude than a HD?

Ok so this is my humorous way of looking at it, and I really don't mean to offend anyone. I personally don't mind debate, as long as it remains a intelligent one and people don't start getting upset about it.

Guest Anonymous

Not all HD riders blindly hate jap bikes, we had a memorial party a while ago, and half the local bikie club turned up riding HD's then one of the older members rides in on a Honda 750 Four, a few of the younger fellas had a bit of a laugh until almost two thirds started admitting they'd all owned one or more and thought they were as much fun to ride as there HD's and would love to get another. But the virago is pushing the bounds of tolerance even to me. icon_wink.gif

Guest Anonymous

I don't hate Jap bikes at all, contraire, I like them alot. Hey the important thing is you like what you ride. I could give a fig really what I ride with, I'm just enjoying the ride with someone I can trust not to run into me and hey if he/she drives a vespa, I don't care. The Jap bike Vs American bike dribble is the same as Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar etc.

1)Its pointless as the person driving/riding a particular make isn't going to change they're mind anyway.

2)Theres little difference when you come down to it, they all have strength and weaknesses that doesn't matter to someone who loves the bike/car.

3)People are people no matter what they drive/ride, some are asses with attitudes, some are honestly nice people and there doesn't seem to be a particular brand the former, ride/drive.

Just some thoughts, thats about all I have to say about this post (where we're massively off subject on...) No hard feelings, expressed or taken.

Regards,

Lone

Enjoy the ride!

Guest JAMIE T

I'm sorry guys. Its hard to beleive that all this got started from a "Which is the better motor" thread. Come on now, I know I'm not a Moderator, but I know when enough is enough. We are letting personal feelings interfere with a group discussion about Zcars.

Jamie

Deathstar

I've been watching this post. Its been civil, and no one seems to have gotten their feathers in a ruffle, so I am just going to let it be. Yes, its way off topic, but half the posts here turn into a discussion about something else part way through. Thats how great ideas come around.

If anyone is offended with the contents of this particular topic, please feel free to contact me through email, and I will take care of it. Same thing goes for ANY post on boards I moderate. I'm guessing that the other moderators would also do the same for their boards.

Guest Anonymous

DavyZ... Garbageman once a MONTH?!? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif How many garbage cans do you own? I have one big one, and I'm single, and fill it in a week! I can't imagine only once a month.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey, FYI there is a Northstar on eBay item # 593966805. 1 day left. Jump on it quick. So far the high bid for this fine piece of technology.....drum roll please.......*cymbals crash*.....$50! sry, couldnt resist

icon_biggrin.gif

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Paragod ]