HybridZ

High speed driveline vibration - pt 2

boosted300

Sorry for another thread on the subject, but I didn't want to threadjack the other thread. 

I am also experiencing a high speed driveline vibration that has me confounded. 

I have RB25/RB25 Transmission.

Over 80mph there is a progressively severe driveline vibration that is also audible, but it doesn't happen under load. It happens when I get on/off throttle. 

And it is most severe if I accelerate to say 100mph...and then pull it out of gear and coast in neutral...it vibrates pretty severely and makes an awful vibrating noise. 

As soon as I put it back into gear, it goes away. 

If I am in gear over 80mph and I let off the gas, you hear/feel it for a split second.  When I get back on throttle, again you feel/hear it for a split second.

My initial impression is that the driveshaft is rubbing against something.  That is what is really sounds like, but after getting under the car and inspecting, I cannot find any signs of damage or rubbing that you would expect to be easy to see if the driveshaft is rubbing against something. 

Driveshaft has just over 1,000 miles on it and was balanced before initial install, then rebalanced in attempt to solve this problem...which it did not. 

Double checked driveshaft bolts which are tight.

Stubaxles are new and custom made from DriveshaftShop. 

Trans-mount and diff mounts are also new and do not appear to have any play. 

Overall the whole build has just over 1,000 miles on it.          

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice.

• 3 weeks later...