HybridZ

Front end pressure profile

Guest Anonymous

Okay, quick funny story smile.gif Out testing the Mustang with the SO holding a laptop for the DFI I get pulled over. I had been first at a light and nailed it when it went green, I did NOT spin the tires. Went through 3 gears before I let off and saw the poor officer struggling through traffic to give chase. The look on his face when he peeked inside and saw the laptop and gauges was priceless! He said I flat out took off and was pretty amazed. No ticket - he couldn't pace me and had no radar. Since I didn't spin the wheels there was little he could do but politely ask me to tune elsewhere smile.gif Whew!

• 11 months later...

Hey guys,

I know this is old but, did you get anymore inf. It seems to my misguided mind that if there was a vacume on the front on the bonnet then thats where you would want to run vents. It would suck the air out.

Cheers

Douglas

I ran a high velocity jet of air over the fabricated fender vents positioned over the tops of each of the front wheels this last summer, and it was very apparent that air was drawn out from under the car (when using smoke bombs as a marker). This position was chosen because the curvature of the fenders became somewhat flatter here, and based on some very limited work and knowledge in airfoil design, I reasoned that this was a resonable place to put them.

Terry

Elementary my dear Wat..um, i mean, Terry. I dont think I will go as far as fender vents, But i am looking at doing some bonnet ones. Some thing a little more subtle then yours. Ie. Easier to make.

Mabye just cut a whole and but a mesh in it painted body color. Still planing. It depends on what radiator i find to fit. Not many Camoros down here.

Cheers

Douglas