HybridZ

Im about to build my 350!...phone in one hand and CC in the

Well after alot of research and bending GrumpyVettes ear icon_wink.gif , Im real close to droppin the bucks on this design and buildin it.

The plan is to throw a new topend and cam on my current 350 which is out of my 73 Camaro. The mileage and condition of the engine is unknown, but it always been reliable for me so I think Im gonna give it a try and hope for the best.

Anyways, here's the proposed plan..

350 with stock cast dish pistons and stock bottom end. Trick Flow 23degree aluminum heads w/64cc (gonna attempt to bowl blend and gasket match myself i think), Holley Strip Dominator II dual plane (have it), Carter 625 (have it), Comp XE268 cam, roller rockers, HEI w/module and coil and hooker shortys (have it). Summit electric fuel pump w/bypass (have it,thanks Dan!)..3/8" feed line with stock feedline used for return line. 700r4 with stock TC (thanks again Dan!) will feed the fun to a R200. The (have it) stuff will save me money until I can afford to replace them, if needed.

SO WADDAYA THINK???

Comments? questions? better ideas? name calling?

I might just might have it ready for MSA next year!! Ugly as sin but I hope to be there representing HYBRIDZ!

Jason icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like fun and a good recipe; just one word of caution that came to my mind. You said you dont know the actual condition of your engine.

Even tho its always been dependable; what if your cyl's are only a few thousand miles from being too far out of tolerance & begin blowing oil past the rings. Spending all that money on your current engine just to have to pull the engine again for a rebore would not be fun.

Have you considered pulling your engine & spec'ing out the cyl.bores for tolerance against the pistons & rings: blow-by is no fun icon_mad.gif .

Many times a builder will put new heads or have their own heads rebuilt (valve job) which then seal the engine perfect (the top part of the engine that is); in fact the seal up top is so good that it will actually pull the oil passed the old rings. You begin wondering why your engine which didnt give you prob's before is now sucking oil.

Just my .02c's worth. If the cyl's are fine then all you need it to simply give them a light honeing, install new rings & break the engine in upon start up...but at least then you'll know the condition of the cylinder walls.

I envy you what you're about to begin; still, dont get ahead of yourself. I met up w/a buddy a few days ago & he showed me his latest purchase for his 408W stroker; AFR Alluminum 185's Cylinder Heads...those things are saweeet!

Good luck w/your set up.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Jason, please box up the parts and send them to my mailing address immediately. I wouldn't want you to be dissappointed in any way with your results, so I'll take everything off your hands now for a cool $100. How about that???

Seriously, it sounds like a recipe for fun icon_biggrin.gif

Davy