HybridZ

electrical question

stony

I was wondering.... right now the rb-26 alternator has an internal regulator and it is wired into the harness the same way the old stock L motor alternator was. which has a external reg (i think???) my question is where would i wire the alternator in so i can remove the portion of the wire harness that has the external regualtor in it ? I plan on cleaning up the engine bay harness soon... getting rid of all teh unused portions of the harness ie coil, a/c ect ect . i have a pretty good schemematic of the system so i should be able to figure it out. I just thought i'd throw this out there so maybe someone that has done it could make it easier ;>

stony

Hi Stony, depending on the brand of alternator you have, you will have two terminals ( apart from the B+ and earth ) one may be markd L for light and this needs a ignition only power source, i ran mine from a relay operated from the ignition ( the relay stops any thing funny happening with feed back to the ignition system ), the other maybe marked S for sencing and should go back to the battery positive, but the starter motor positive will be fine.

Steven