HybridZ

fuel safe epoxy ?

CableSrv

I had to repair my stock fuel tank. It split on the seam where the breather pipe on the driver's side attaches to the tank. I tried several products, including JB weld. None of the 2 part epoxies worked well at all.

I ended up using a one part glue that I bought from Home Depot, which was labeled to be used specifically for gas tanks and 'jerry cans'. It comes out clear, almost like plastic model cement that I used when I was a kid to put airplanes together.

I was VERY skeptical, because the way it went on was very runny and 'clear'! But this stuff dries in about 20 minutes (quicker if you use a hair dryer) and is hard as a rock and I haven't had a moments problem since!

Tim

BTW, if you are looking for a long term fix or repairs to a seriously rusted and leaking tank you might try your local Gas Tank Renu http://www.gastankrenu.com/welcome.htm dealer. They have a lifetime warranty and I used it for mine. The local dealer charged me $150 and it came out great. After they blast and boil it they basically coat it with PVC plastic (inside and out) and bake it in an oven.