HybridZ

Suggested reading

Tim240z

Can any of you guys recommend a good book (or web site) that provides good basic and advanced information/tutorial on fuel injection/computer controls, particularly LT1 (OBD1) engines. I will be picking up such an engine on Saturday (as posted in the Chev V8 section), and will also probably be getting the LT1 Edit software. Idon't want to start 'jacking' with the computer without a good understanding of what I'm doing. I have always shyed away from fuel injected engines because of my lack of basic understanding, but now I'm jumping in with both feet. From what I understand, some reprogramming is necessay because of the 'deletion' of certain functions in the conversion which will confuse the computer. I also understand that I can either send the computer in or send the basic prgram to 'Andrew" electronically to be changed for a service fee, but I figure that it would be more effective to put that $$ towards buying the software so that I have flexibilty to make changes later.

Thanks,

Tim

Guest kc6wfs

Tim.

Here are some links that may be relevent..

http://www.h-body.org/people/projects/building_lt1/conversion-fuel-system.html

http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/html_archives/archive_num_98/msg00043.html

That link is for a LT1 in a 240z!!!!!!! rockon.gifrockon.gifrockon.gif

There is some good reading in these...

Dave..

P.S.

Tim see ya Sat morning!!!!!

I'll call tomarrow night.

Dave

cheers.gif