HybridZ

260z 2jzgte vvti with 240sx s13 rear subframe.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet build! So whats the process on the s13 rear and s14 front? How do you like the geometry? Seems like a ton of work but looks worth it with coilovers and upgraded brakes, easier to obtain parts.

Its great. I would recommend it to anyone. For the front s14 knuckles the only problem was the flipped knucles and the the amount of positive camber you can't get.

The solution for the knuckles you have to modify them like the the pbm *cut and make them shorter* and for the positive camber I'm going to make a spacer that will space out the coil from the knuckle.

What kind of LCA are you using? Mine is custom and widens front track. My front rim is 8" wide only and et35. It comes even with ZG-flare. That is main reason why i moved strut upper mount, to get decent geometry. Now i have 7 degrees caster and 14-15 degrees of sai. If you have tons of sai, you lose camber when turning wheels.

My lcas are from an s14 they are about 2 1/2 inches wider than the stock s30 lcas. Im running 15x10 -32 offset so.... they stick out pretty far. Although the rear the wheel sticks out about 5 inches from the fender and the front about 2 1/2, but in the front at the beginning I had -5 camber and I couldn't get any positive. So as of right now I plan to space out the knuckle from the coil a about 2 or more inches to give me more leverage on getting positive camber. So if it works ill have to double up on the spring rate.

Why are you wanting positive camber, or just misunderstandig. I would stay on negative side, not that much, though...

Spacer between knucle and coilover bottom mount only gives you space between tire and coilover. What matter is pivot points i.e strut upper mount and balljoint. If you are only on reduce camber, why not adjust on coilover bottom mount and knucle bolt. Something like this  

Or just shorten LCA, I assume you have camber adjusted plates on strut upper mount. 

post-3341-0-55514100-1433846426_thumb.jpg

That's a good idea, slot the bottom coilovers mount. I want to make a bracket that I'll be able to achieve a -1 to -2 of camber. The reason is that I have already maxed out the camber plate on top. The other problem is the coil will hit start to hit the strut tower.