HybridZ

Is the 95 300turbo r200 worth grabbing ?

Boingo

Was wondering if the 95 300z turbo r200 with cv shafts is worth grabbing for the rear of a 260z late model ? Seems, from what I read, they have some issues just dropping them in.?

Edited by Boingo

They are pretty much a dime a dozen diff, and no, they don't just drop in the s30. Read up on all the posts here if you want to use one in your Z.

. Was just confirming after reading people needing to pop over cages and such. I found one, but didn't grab at the wrecking yard. I already have a r200 out of a 76 280 2+2 in mine. Probably best to just rebuild this one. Pretty sure they are both 3.54 stock. I have plenty time and it's just going be a fun cruiser to have pride in. The Z and my 69 c10 are just loves I'm building. Edited by Boingo

Yeah that would be a pain. I need to find a z31 if I'm going go that route like an 85. Thanks for the info. I think I had the wrongs years in my head when I was out there. Still cramming my noggin with all the cool cross over stuff I'm finding on this site