HybridZ

Wilwood Compact Clutch Master Cylinder No: 260-10374

Miles

72 240Z 350 SBC T5 Camaro transmision

The Tilton 7/8 clutch master cylinder I  installed six years ago failed so I replaced it with a Wilwood Compact Clutch Master Cylinder No: 260-10374.

I replaced the clutch disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing and clutch slave at the same time that I Installed the Wilwood MC.

The throw on both MCs is 1.1 to 1.2 inches.

The Wilwood MC is bled and firm, but it is not giving enough throw to completely disengage the clutch.

Anyone have experience  with the  Wilwood Compact Clutch Master Cylinder?

Given that the diameter and throw is almost identical to the Tilton MC, the Wilwood MC should work.

post-178-0-88312000-1432849527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

Problem solved

I removed the clutch stop bracket on the floor. While pushing the clutch it came to me that it was engaging just as it hit the pedal stop on the floor.  So I used a Dremmel and cut the stop off and now the clutch is fully disengaging. Followup search of  the web shows that this is a common problem when altering stock clutches.

Now I can feel  clutch arm fully move at about the point where the bracket used to be. No more grinding.

Edited by Miles