HybridZ

Aftermarket Cold Air Intake for SUs

I just installed a set of Z Therapy SU carbs and decided to go with a cold air intake setup.  I didn't have any air filter pieces and Bruce from Z Therapy recommended trying a CAI setup.  So I bought the air box from Unique Z products (99$) and the Spectre 3 inch chrome covered plastic piping with filter (80$) from O Reilly parts.  Very tight fit going thru the 3 inch hole near the radiator.  Should have opened that hole up a bit and not scratched one of the pipes.  I plan on moving the horn to the other side and rigging up a standoff clamp to go around the pipe.

post-13520-0-47263000-1432990867_thumb.jpg

post-13520-0-19106400-1432990887_thumb.jpg

Nice looking. 

For anyone that's interested, cheap alternatives for CAI systems can be found at Lowes, Home Depot and a variety of other hardware stores.  PVC piping can be had in a variety of sizes and shapes, and they also carry a wide selection of rubber clamps and connectors.  (The PVC can be painted whatever color you want if you don't like the "toilet plumbing" look.)   :-)