HybridZ

Z surprize

310z

It's Saturday night and the girls are gone. Son, lets hop in the Z, take a cruse and grab some ice cream. I walked into the garage to disconnect the trickle charger and noticed this! The first attempt at removing it failed. It slithered down around the battery. I did not want it to wind up in my garage so I rolled the car outside. Waited and watch with a flash light until it came out of hiding. It crawled across the valve cover (it was the length of the valve cover) and once out from under the spark plug wires, we were able to lift it with a stick and remove the gopher snake from the motor compartment. 

post-3505-0-16957500-1433049961_thumb.jpg

That is what I thought and one of the reasons I rolled the Z outside. I had a mouse problem in the winter. I went out to the Z and noticed some type of film all around the battery area and all over the top of the radiator(mouse pee ,which I guess is constantly dripping out  like there poop). There was also mouse poop all over those areas. We killed the mice and have not seen any signs of them for months. However, now it is warm enough that the reptiles are out hunting for food. Though I had wiped down the car I am guessing I did not do a very good job as the snake went exactly were I had wiped the film/pee. I have total snake phobia. I am glad my son was there to deal with it. 

Years ago i kept seeing movement out of the corner of my eye when I drove my Z.  When I would turn to look there was never anything there so I ignored it.  A week or so later I opened my glovebox to pull out the steno pad I record my mileage in and noticed a page was missing.  I found it pretty much shredded and balled up in a corner of my glove box.  I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.  A few days later I went out to my car to check out something under the hood and, as I lifted the hood, I saw a rat tail disappear into the air cleaner intake. I quickly grabbed a big rag and stuffed it into the intake and then stood there wonder what to do.  I got a screw driver and un mounted part of the intake so I could swivel it to a vertical position and then got a 1/2" wooden rod and slid it past the rag and started making like I was churning butter.  After a couple minutes of that I carefully pulled the rag out - and the wooden rod that had hair and blood on the end of it and poured about an 8" long(not including the tail) rat out onto my fender well.  Picked it up by the tail with a pair of channel locks and took it out in the middle of the street and dropped a 20lb sledgehammer on its head.  That sucked had been living in my car for who knows how long.  Better way to get rid of rats rather than brining in a snake - especially with the kindle had in Texas. :-)