HybridZ

Air Conditioning - 280z

Living in the South, AC is a must. I don't like that the only bearable time driving my Z is in the evening or early mornings.

I have been debating on which direction to go with an AC system. Evap coil under the dash was replaced 2 years ago and rest of the system was in good order working order prior to the LS1 swap.

My Z is a 78 280z with LS1 from a 99 camaro with a 4l60e using the JCI equipment.

3 routes I was debating was:

• Factory System - Purchase the JCI AC parts to get it working - I seen pictures of Phantoms
  • Vintage Air - I think socorob uses this setup and I like it -
  • AC place in Texas - http://autoacsolutions.com/ - These guys offer a kit for the datsuns that look comparable to the Vintage system for $1300

Easiest would be the JCI route, but longevity is only as good as the older parts are in working order? The other 2 are more or less current stand alone systems with at least newer technology and components.

Just wanted thoughts and opinions on what AC systems everyone else has installed before I make my decision.

The simplest route will be jci. I don't think you have to remove the dash for that, but it only blows as hard as the Datsun ac ever did. The vintage air is great but it's a lot of work. I'm not sure if you go with the johns cars compressor. and use the newer design components up front from ac solutions, if that would make the Datsun AC a little colder or not. The guy from vintage air told me the new stuff up front is way more efficient than the old stuff was. so you get better cooling.