HybridZ

Ceramic coating

clint78z

There is always seem to be intrest here in ceramic coatings here. I would like to get my manifold done but live in Canada so just going to a shop is a big problem. I found this place that sells ceramic coating powder, dry film lube for piston skirts, and thermal barrier for top of pistons. I emailed to see if I could buy some without being a retailer. Prices are very good. I will update if I get a response

http://www.techlinecoatings.com

I believe that is the company owned by "takman57" who used to post on this forum a while back when it was "new." Their prices are fair and they do some quality work--I seriously doubt you would be disappointed.

Davy

Davy, I think you're close. Takman uses techline's products (many coaters do) but techline has been around longer that Takman has been doing it.

I bought a bottle of that stuff but didn't use it.

I may someday, but 500F is pretty hard to do in the wife's oven.. :D

Guest Anonymous

I heard that Harbor Freight has powder coating equipment at a reasonable price. Has anyone used a conventional oven as a heat source.

I got an email back from them very quickly, they seems extremely helpful and informative. They are not out to BS you about it must be applied by a dealer with $20k worth of equipment. I think anyone that preps and has a decent air brush can get excellent results. I saw on the web that one guy used his wife's oven to bake it and it supposedly had no smell. I am sure powdercoating would smell just like paint. Unforntunately they can't ship to Canada, dangerous goods makes it too much of a pain in the butt for them. He said he could ship to a US BOX, then someone could pick it up. Hmm I guess I have to figure out a different way.

:confused: Does that make sense? Apparently we can ship all kinds of dangerous stuff back and forth between ourselves (in the U.S) but god forbid we try to get some of it out of the country twak.gif

Would a kiln at a ceramics shop work? I`m sure 500F wouldn`t be a problem for them. I guess 500F could be done at home if you have a self cleaning oven ;)

I know they ship their product to Canada, because they have a ddealer in Ontario. It is probably lots of paper work, and added shipping charges that doesn't make it feasable to ship a small amount to one Customer. I will keep on it to find a cheap solution !!