HybridZ

Aero ? / Help

Synlubes

I have been reading the threads in this section about aero stuff etc. and have had this idea for some time and would like input!

1st, it`s an early model Z!

2nd, my idea was kinda set off after seeing these panels in the MSA catalog (pg.17 left bottom, Bomex frt. panels)(the one that expells air from in frt of radiator area)

3nd, I want to add some venting to the hood area just in frt of the radiator support member to exhaust air out the top side of hood instead of having all that air go out under car, it seems this would work, or would it?

I don`t know how the air flows over the hood at this area, wheather it would let air exit or try to suck air in at these vents? Vents would NOT be NACA type, just some slits(or something) cut in across the hood area.

I have the 280 hood w/the vents and have made my own inspection lid vents, again tring to get as much air out of engine compartment and over top of car as possible, and will be adding some more venting to the hood (across the back of hood, in between the stock vents) shortly!

The car is used for HPDS and track events so all these ideas are ment to work at speed, cooling engine compartment and tring to get some of the air exiting over car instead of going under car! I have an extension to the air dam to block air that`s used for track events to lessin the air going under car (at frt.)

I`m not an engineer, just have some ideas!