HybridZ

painless wireing harness

Joe-Z

ok guys im going to replace my wireing harness and would like to know if any one has used the painless wireing harness and how hard/easy it is to install and if i need anything else.I will have new gauges,ingition,and all that and the engine will be a n/a 2.8l at first and will be going turbo later on with a sds system.

any tips would be of great help

thanks

joe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest heinera

Several people on the board have installed the painless whole car wiring harness. Some make it sound easy, some are more truthful and tell what a pain it is. I installed an 18 circuit harness in my 280z. It was not easy. I had to remove ALL the original wiring, and then route, test and connect. The datsun has weird wipers, headlight wiring, and a few other things that take experimenting to get right. I think it took me about 50 hours to install. But I am an optometrist, not a mechanic. Don't get the chevy harness. Make sure to get the universal. And it would also be best to get the longer one, otherwise you'll have to mount the fuse box on the driver side.

good luck!

I am at the point of getting a new harness myself. I asked a question on here a while back about where and how to hook up the Chevy 350 to the original 75 Datsun wiring and was very surprised NOT to get a good straight answer from anyone on this board. That is about the time my project ground to a halt and I haven't touched it since.

I have the 350 still sitting on the stand, no tranny or drive shaft and do not know what to do next because of the freaking wiring dilema! :mad:

So this is why I also need to know what kit everyone reccomends or does anybody have to patience to come by my place or let me call them so they can tell me how to correctly wire up the old Datsun wiring.

I have a new email address, charlieb211@yahoo.com, feel free to contact me if you wish. Good luck on your projects guys smile.gif

Hey Flash,

Do you have the JTR book. I wired mine as per thier instructions and have had no problems. Mine is a 71 so some have slight differences. I went to an office supply store and they copied the wiring diagram from my manual and blew it up to poster size. Made it very easy to be sure I had the correct wire in hand when I made the connections.

Don't let a small bump in the road stop you. Take it from me the suprised look on a Mudstain drivers face when you spank him severly is what makes the effort worth it.

Dennis

AKA V8ZED