HybridZ

Pics of 3rd Gen RX7 SR20DET swap.

240Z Turbo

Guest Anonymous

grrrrrr. Beefy engine coupled with a sexy body. Me likes! Ask your friend what injectors, throttle bodies, and a nice turbo upgrade would cost. Im just curious...

franklin

I like it!

IMHO, this engine will be much more durable than the Rotary engine-I dont have a lot of experience w/the Rotrary; but I dont see a lot of people rebuilding their Rotary engines when they break (doesnt seem to be too cost worthy). The engine chosen will be much more reliable; that is just my opinion.

To me, judgeing by the pictures, it looks like that engine belongs in there. So far so good-nice pictures! I admire any project where a challenge was presented & the fabricator overcame those hurdles.

I dont see the argument of "Why not a V8" or "Why not a Twin Turbo" over the engine that was chosen-instead I see it as a decision had to be made & whoever had the power to make that decision...did so; and to me it looks nice. I say more power to ya 2thumbs.gif

AND, give us more pictures as the project develops; please.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

From the things that I've been hearing lately from Mazda, supposedly there will be some new parts to enhance the durability of the rotary. With the all the research and developement put into the on coming RX-8 there better be some new stuff for the older rotary. I guess the RX-8's got a two rotor too, but puts out somewhere in the neighborhood of 250hp. It also has some new apex seals that extend the life of the engine greatly. I've heard other companies using the information to create new apex seals for the 13b. This is only hearsay, but I'm pretty sure a little research should find some more information. Anyways, just wanted to say that with a few new things the 13b or 20b? or 20c? (can't remeber) can be made into a much more durable engine.