HybridZ

oil pressure gauge question

Bought a mechanical oil pressure gauge for my sbc350. Question is, the nylon tube connects to a "nipple" on the back of the gauge. Problem is, that little nipple that is supposed to go inside the nylon tube is bent, it isn't centered for the tube to fit over it. I know, the explanation is ridiculous, but I really don't know how else to describe my issue. Any input would be appreciated.

I gotta be dead honest, it took me a few minutes to figure out where to start with a reply to your question.

1.  You have a SBC350, yet presumed the best place to post this question was in the Ford part of the forum. 

Ok, maybe you felt bad that the guys who roam the Ford corner of HybridZ get lonely and bored, and you'd give us a little attention.  Thanks!

2. This is in no way a specificially Datsun/ HybridZ related question.

This is an oil pressure gauge question.  You could have posed the same question on a lawnmower racing board, one for air compressors, etc.

3. You bumped this question twice in less than 24hrs.  Really?

If you think this is such an important issue that is life threatening (I'm assuming it must be), why would you post it here?  All I can think of with all that 'bumpin' is lowriders.  People come here generally to show off some cool Datsun mashup stuff they're working on, and posts are generally in a thought out, respectful way.  Did you not realize you were the top post here REGARDLESS of bumping???  Nobody's posted here in almost a month.

4.  "I really don't know how else to describe my issue."  

PHOTOGRAPHS are a wonderful way to illustrate something that is difficult to convey with words.

5.  We're really not all dicks around here, but think before you type, eh? 

Welcome to HybridZ.