HybridZ

1UZ-FE in a 260z?

Guest Simon

• 2 months later...
Guest 280zx racer

for those that asked here are the photos of the engine mounts in my z to suit the lexus engine although i am now going to modify them to use a different insulator as i was using the lexus ones but will try to find a more rigid one as the lexus are very large and flexible, the mount on the chassis rail will remain the same but i will extend the mount on the block. chris link http://www.westnet.com.au/optic4_ce/dad.htm

Guest Dan0myte

I would totally go behind a VH45DE or a VH41DE. If you have the ability to, you should always keep it in the same family. The VH was used in Indy racing and is immensely strong, you'll have nothing to worry about running it instead of the 1UZ.

Guest 280zx racer

the biggest problem with the nissan engine is parts availability as they were,nt sold in australia whereas the lexus parts are available from the dealers also i have the lexus engine and have already made the extractors to fit. we also have a supercharged lexus powered rail that has run 7.6 at his second drag meet and a twin turbo sedan that has run 8.00 at his second meet with the lexus engine, the sedan went from 454 chev@8.8 to toyota 4ltr 8.00 so the potential is definately there for the toyota engine... chris

Yeah, a mate of mine met him down at the drags a couple of weeks back. According to his story, the camira runs a TT 1UZ on methanol and standard internals, save only for a set of aftermarket rods - which apparently look nearly identical to the stock rods anyway. It makes some stupid amount of horsepower, more than the dyno it was tuned on could handle. What they're doing for cams, I don't know. I wouldn't think they're making big power on the stock cams. For some reason they decided to switch to the soarer body, which will take a while because they have to make a cro-mo tube frame for it. I've got some pics of it being tuned somewhere...