HybridZ

1UZ-FE in a 260z?

Guest Simon

Guest Simon

Simply will it fit?

There a great quad cam motor 4.0L V8. Easy to get power out of and good for 600KW with stock internals (twin turbo)

any information will be great

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I was just wondering if anyone has any more information on that engine swap for the above url with the lexus quad cam V8. I am seriously looking at doing the same in the next few months and it would be nice to find out as much information as I can, Save having to work out all the bugs all over again.

I have read some other posts something about a JTR magazine can i still buy this it supposeable has some information about the swap?? I live in australia does this JTR magazine have a website or anything like that??

Sorry for bring up an old thread, any information would be greatfull. Email maddat260z@hotmail.com or simply reply to this post if you could help me please.

Cheers

Hey,

just some info, there is a Nissan V8 which is better than the Toyota one, its a VH44DE or VH41DE, strrongerr and better VVT

just some food for thought

there sure is and its a nice sounding motor on paper...more attractive than the lexus to me anyways.

there was however a rare photo posted here a while ago, the link is broken now, with a Z with the VH45.

If you thought the lexus quad cam was a tight fit youre in for a shock when you measure up the nissan motor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been researching and measuring for the lexus V8 swap for a while now and it fits like a glove, according to the tape measure, but when I went to put down the deposit on a front cut I saw the 4.5 nissan infinity front cut and got all excited. Had it started and started measuring. Well it's sump is forward of the block and the manifold is tall and east/west, so it would be even tighter than the lexus but with more power, going by exhaust sound it would just about break the sound barrier in a 900kg Z with fibreglass GTO body.

I did find on here a photo of the motor fitted (VH45DE) and it looks as if the chassis rails were cut to fit exhaust manifolds. I would prefer the nissan over toyota but without upsetting the engineer who would test it I think the looser toyota fit is more safely registered after all that hard work :confused:

edit: somehow the question I asked in this post went missing shifty.gif

Originally posted by Dan0myte:

The Nissan V8 stronger. Riiiight.

I don't see any Nissan V8's doing 7.02@202mph. 2thumbs.gif

which car runs 7.02@202? what setup is it using?

Cheers smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Do most of the guys in the US put the gen3 motor in their zeds now as a light v8 motor. how does that effect the handling of the car. I am also leaning towards putting the lexus v8 in my 240 mainly because they are so cheep in australia and I want a well balanced light car. ( used to have a mgb with a worked leyland 4.4 motor). Would love to get that sort of performance out of my zed. Everyone talks about the rb26dett swap here but i cant see why you would put a heavy motor in when a light v8 will do the same job.

If anyone in oz is currenty undergoing the swap please post some updates.

ps found a book in pitstop book shop (few months ago) that had some info on the conversion and I think also a drawing of the motor mounts required. Will check this out this weekend and post some more information.

• 5 months later...
Guest 280zx racer

i,m in western australia and am fitting a 1uzfe into my 280zx i have made extractors engine mounts and have set the engine as close to the firewall as possible, so there is a lot of room for two turbo,s at a later date. Im a long way off completion but have the engine in place and am just doing detail work until the weather warms up and i can start on the bodywork, heres a link to a couple of photo,s i have taken . chris http://www.westnet.com.au/optic_4ce/familycar.htm i