HybridZ

74 260x Driver door question

Hey everyone.  I'm  new to this forum and hope to get a little help.  I have recently purchased a 74 260z and just got it home yesterday.  The bad thing about 2 days before I go pick it up the guys neighbor backs out of his driveway and crunches the drivers door.  Too me the damage can be fixed but it is bad.  I don't really want 8 lbs of bondo on the door.  I have located a door from the same year car but it has the trim that runs along the entire door even with the door handle.  So there are small holes in the door where the trim clipped in.  My question is will this door be the same.  My door has a seam that runs along the door at the handle that is nice and crisp but no trim.  The door that had the trim WILL the seam be the same.  I can't tell in the picture of the donor door.  Thanks for your time.  

My car is stamp 7/74.  So not sure how early that is.  The door I want to buy does not have anything on it just the shell.  Do you know what the difference is between a late 74 door and an early one?  Looking at the bolt holes and where the latch is they look the same.  

7/74 is right around the switch date of the two different styles.

post-44346-0-78577000-1446343158_thumb.jpg

This is the earlier 260z style whereas the latch is on the outside of the door frame. The later 260z has the mechanism inside the door frame, which if you're swapping the whole door you would need the same later model year and I believe the 75-76 door might work

post-44346-0-02882900-1446343534_thumb.jpg

Edited by 88dangerdan

Looking at the bolt holes and where the latch is they look the same.  

Ding, ding, ding...

All 260Z coupe doors were the same. And the '75-'76 280Z also have the same doors.

The change came with the '77-'78 280Z door and latch mechanism.

Edited by cgsheen