HybridZ

Swapping a VG30E for a VG20ET (Z31)

bonfire79

hey folks,

I have an 87 Z31 n/a that I was considering doing an NA2T conversion (after rebuild of course) however I have come across several complete VG20ET and RB20DET engines in their entirety from JDM 200Z and ZR parts cars.  I have read and understand that there are some smaller differences between the 3 liters and the smaller 2 liter engines.  has anyone got any ideas or experience with this rare if not ever done swap?

thank you,

Bonny

• 1 month later...

hey folks,

I have an 87 Z31 n/a that I was considering doing an NA2T conversion (after rebuild of course) however I have come across several complete VG20ET and RB20DET engines in their entirety from JDM 200Z and ZR parts cars.  I have read and understand that there are some smaller differences between the 3 liters and the smaller 2 liter engines.  has anyone got any ideas or experience with this rare if not ever done swap?

thank you,

Bonny

It will be cheaper and you will make more power if you do a standard NA2T conversion to your current engine. You don't even need to rebuild the factory VG30E as long as it's in good running condition.